Kentucky Fried Chicken, or KFC, is one of the world’s most popular chicken restaurants. Famously started in 1952 by “Colonel” Harland Sanders, the fast-food chain continues to expand into new markets every year.
Facts About Working at Kentucky Fried Chicken
Minimum Age to Work at Kentucky Fried Chicken: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken?)
Kentucky Fried Chicken Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Kentucky Fried Chicken: Assistant manager, cashier, cook, manager, shift supervisor, team member
KFC Job Information
Roles and Training
Entry-level KFC careers include cook, team member, and cashier. The company trains each worker on-site during early employment. Over time, asspciates can earn promotions to shift lead or assistant manager.
Required tasks include greeting customers, taking orders, and cooking food. Candidates need to be polite and friendly. KFC jobs require a positive attitude and the ability to show up on time.
Applicants should expect to stand for most of the day. They will bend, twist, and kneel frequently. All team members must follow sanitation standards when working around food.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Job Descriptions and Pay Rates
Job hopefuls must be at least 16 years of age and legally allowed to work in the United States. Part-time and full-time scheduling options are available for the following roles:
- KFC team members assume a wide variety of responsibilities. Preparing food and serving customers is the main focus of team member jobs.
- Other duties include operating the cash register, assembling orders, and preparing menu items.
- Upon hire, the pay starts at minimum hourly wage and increases with experience. Check out the KFC team member job description.
- This part-time position involves preparing and cooking large quantities of food.
- Other tasks deal with washing dishes, cleaning various areas of the restaurant, working the drive-thru window, and taking orders from customers.
- Pay rate for KFC cooks usually starts around $8, but usually increases with good work ethic and customer service.
- Click the cook job description for more details.
- This KFC career is excellent for those who set high standards and consider themselves natural leaders.
- Assistant managers report directly to KFC store managers and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Supervisors perform various administrative duties, such as setting schedules, answering phones, and hiring and training new employees.
- Salary packages for managers are around $34,000 per year. Read the KFC manager job description for more information on requirements.
Tips for Applying
Recruits can apply online for a position after creating an account. They’ll be asked to fill out a position-specific questionnaire along with a standard KFC job application.
Hopefuls can also sign up for email alerts when positions become available. The company contacts applicants via telephone or email when they’re accepted for KFC job interviews.
Individuals may have to wait a few weeks before hearing back about their KFC applications. Following up with the manager either by phone or in-person can be worthwhile.
Benefits of Working for KFC
Part-time employees earn some job benefits at KFC, including:
- Vacation days
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on restaurant items
In addition, full-time employment benefits may include:
- A generous 401(k) plan
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
- Salary options
More Information on KFC
Colonel Harland Sanders cooked the first batch of Original Recipe chicken over 70 years ago. The Colonel was a generous man who once gave a random hitchhiker a full college scholarship.
This act of kindness inspired the KFC Foundation, which has provided over $15 million in scholarships to over 3,000 students. Many of these pupils were at one time employees of the company.